I feel like Quasimodo the hunchback as each time I get up it takes me a while to straighten out and I walk around hunched over for a bit. It is getting better though. I was actually able to get some stuff done today.
The day started out kind of scary as I noticed my heating wasn't working. At 8:30 this morning my thermostat read 62. I checked all the vents and the air was barely warm coming out. So I shut the system off and turned on a space heater and called a repair guy. When he came to fix it I turned the system back on and low and behold it worked perfectly. He checked and rechecked everything and it was all ok. He even checked the AC and that was all good too. I guess my prayer worked. I am so happy. Not that happy that I had to pay for the service call but happy it was all ok. Knowing me I would have worried if I wouldn't have had it checked out anyways.
After the kids got home from school I asked them to clean their room. After almost 2 hours it still looked like this!
Needless to say I gave them a little motivation. NO DINNER TILL IT WAS CLEAN. Fifteen minutes later and a little help from mom and it looked like this! Still not perfect but MUCH better.

Nothing like a little motivation to get things done. I also have given them even more motivation to be nicer to each other. I have taken away all video games till they start getting along better. In some ways it is more torture on me than on them but sometimes as parents we get the hard part. Lets just hope they can continue to get along and keep their room clean.
0 Comments